2017년 2월 13일 월요일

Pride and Prejudice


  I haven't been interested in this novel because it might be a romance novel, and this novel is just a love affair with the rich man and a common woman. After I read it, this was not a romance novel. It was totally my ‘prejudice’. 
Pride and Prejudice was a social novel that shows various ways of settling down in marriage.

  Let me talk about Elizabeth and Darcy. Elizabeth did not have good first impression for Darcy because Darcy is rich guy who does not need to make a money, and his family look down on Elizabeth’s family for lower in rank than they are, moreover he interrupt marriage of her sister and Bingley, and It was misunderstanding, she heard that he abandoned Wickham in the past. These reasons made Elizabeth get prejudice “he is a very arrogant person.”

  At the end of story, they acknowledged their lack of respect each other, and solved the misunderstanding between them through conversations, and they got married right after clarified problems. Their marriage was beautiful even they did not meet often, it was well-organized.


  I was also interested in women’s life by reading pride and prejudice. I thought that at that time, women’s life was much different those of now, but the women who did not get married yet, there was nothing special to do in their life. They just hang out with their cousins, building up knowledge of art, and going to party. I was surprised that or I way expected that.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기